- We know the life cycle and origin of the raw materials we use.
- We select our suppliers carefully and prioritize good health, safety, environmental, and social issues management on the part of our suppliers.
- We require our suppliers to aim for sustainable operations and include this requirement in our main supply contracts.
- We are committed to sourcing only sustainably produced raw materials.
- We carry out and commission audits and monitor our entire supply chain.
- We work with our suppliers to help them improve their operations.
- We are committed to certification systems and regulations designed to improve the sustainable production of the raw materials we use.
Our suppliers must always comply with all relevant national laws and statutes. In addition, Neste requires its suppliers:
- To support sustainability and be committed to the continuous improvement of the health, safety, and environmental (HSE) aspects of their operations.
- To develop their HSE performance and sustainability regulations and standards together with government and other organizations.
- To respect human rights and proactively promote occupational safety, and
- To act in accordance with good business ethics.
- We use efficient production methods that comply with ISO and OHSAS environmental, health, safety, and quality standards.
- We continually improve the safety of our production operations.
- We develop production technologies that can make use of a wider range of raw materials.
- We develop and market quality products that reduce harmful emissions and can be used with existing engines.
- We improve the greenhouse gas and energy balance of our production chain to reduce the impact we have on the environment.
- We offer our customers and partners products and technologies that are compatible with current and future regulations.