If you visit our Site, the data we collect about you will vary depending on what you do on our Site.
- Whenever you visit our Site we collect information about your website activity (please see our Cookie Notice) and information about the device or connection that you use (such as device ID, MAC address, IP address, etc.). If you have an account with us, we will also collect information about your user account.
- Newsletter and reports
Our newsletter covers some of the most important news about Neste and it will be sent to you if you have subscribed to it. Our reports also provide information which will be sent to you if you have subscribed to it. We collect and store Personal Data required for subscription (for example, first name, last name and email address).
- Releases, news and articles
Neste Corporation publishes stock exchange releases, press releases, articles and other news to those who have subscribed to receive such information. We collect and store Personal Data required for subscription (such as first name, last name, phone number, email address and company name).
- Competitions and campaigns
You can participate in our events, competitions, prize draws, surveys, or campaigns by filling in a form on our Site or in social media channels, or mobile app (where available). Any Personal Data provided by you will be retained for competition or campaign management and the feedback collection hosted and organized by Neste, and for our own marketing purposes (including contacting you regarding our Services and products).
Some of our Services are available to registered users only, therefore in order to be able to use them you may be required to set up a Neste account.
You can sign up for events organized by us on our Site or for apply for sponsorship applications (where available). Any Personal Data provided by you will be retained for event management and feedback collection hosted and organized by us, and for marketing purposes (including contacting you regarding our Services and products).
- Social media
Our corporate social media channels are used to share content and engage with our followers. Each social media user can choose independently to follow us or react to our content: for example, send us a message or a comment either publicly or privately. For further information about Personal Data collection on the social media channels we use, please visit privacy policies of each social media channel.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Site or Mobile app are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. First-party or third-party cookies may be used alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Site. A first-party cookie is a cookie set by the domain name that appears in the browser address bar. A third-party cookie is a cookie set by (and on) a domain name that is not the domain name that appears in the browser address bar. It might be set as part of a side resource load (image, JS, iframe, etc., from a different hostname) or an AJAX HTTP request to a third-party server. The information that first-party and third-party cookies collect may be associated with your Personal Data or they may collect information, including Personal Data, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services (i.e., tracking such activities). They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information on how to opt-out of third-party advertiser tracking mechanisms, please click here.
- Google AdSense Advertising. We use Google AdSense Advertising (or other search engine or display network advertising) on our Site. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles (click for link to Google’s website). They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. We have implemented the following: (a) Remarketing with Google AdSense and (b) Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
- Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.