Neste is closely monitoring the impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We act according to our values and care about the safety and wellbeing of each other and people around us. Safety is at the core of everything we do.
COVID-19 has turned our world upside down, with many people, businesses and countries across Asia Pacific facing an uncertain future. At Neste, all of us remain committed to doing our part to fight the spread of this virus and climate change across the region.
Serving and caring for our customers
We want to make sure our customers can get the services and products they need. For the time being, there are no effects on the production and delivery of our products from Neste Singapore Refinery. Refinery and terminals continue to operate.
However, due to the rapidly evolving situation, we have made precautionary plans to ensure business continuity. Neste remains in close contact with our suppliers, partners, distributors and customers, reinforcing that our collective priority must be the health and safety of each person involved in Neste’s value chain.
Our teams in Singapore, China and Australia are also working closely with our suppliers and partners in Asia Pacific countries in order to provide feedstocks to Singapore refinery on time and smooth operation of terminals under the rules and instructions put in place by different local authorities.
We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure enough inventories of chemicals and construction materials to keep our production running, and to make sure our Singapore Expansion Project continues without disruption. In addition, we also provide support to critical workers, who live in Malaysia and commute to Singapore for work, so they can stay in Singapore to carry on their tasks during Malaysia’s country lock down.
Caring for our employees and partners
We have updated our guidelines to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees, suppliers and other partners in this exceptional situation. The guidelines are valid for the time being and they apply to all people working for or visiting Neste, for example:
- In Singapore, we follow guidance from the Ministry of Health (MOH) and follow all applicable rules from the Ministry of Manpower and other related agencies.
- Neste is continuing its business activities in China and Australia. All employees in these two countries are working from home, and we are closely monitoring the situations locally.
- We work remotely whenever possible. All meetings should be held as online meetings firstly.
- We do not travel to and from abroad, and we also carefully consider all domestic travels for business purposes.
- We make decisions carefully on our personal travels based on authorities’ instructions and guidance.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will give an update in case of any changes.
We work according to our values: We care. We have courage. We cooperate.