Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
A global leader in renewable and circular solutions
Our aim is to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Reducing our customers’ greenhouse gas emissions every year by at least 20 million tons CO2 equivalent by 2030.
- Reaching carbon neutral production by 2035.
- Broadening our end markets into renewable aviation and the polymers business.
- Becoming a solution provider for chemical recycling.
- Expanding our unique global waste and residue feedstock platform.
- Continuing leadership in renewable products production capacity with at least 40% market share.
- Outperforming our peers in value creation.
Our three strategic priorities
- Scale up faster and bolder renewable and circular solutions. We continue to lead the market in renewable road transportation, but will also create exponential growth by offering renewable jet fuel to the aviation industry, and branch out to the future in renewable polymers and chemicals.
- Increase innovation. Innovation is one of the key enablers for our strategy of scaling up business faster and bolder. The role of the Innovation unit at Neste is to ensure the growth of the current businesses and to create new business platforms. This will be done in extensive collaboration with research and value chain partners.
- Drive efficiency in operations. We are driving efficiency in our operations both in our renewable and fossil operations